FEEL GOOD REDECORATING!
The ReStore welcomes new or very gently used donations of better-than-average furniture, housewares, home decor, electronics and appliances as well as items from the store's operational wish list.
The store is powered by donations and volunteer energy from people like you. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to donate.
Reviewing below will help us both work together quickly and easily...
Donated merchandise must be in excellent condition, 100% operable and cleaned. Items that are broken, incomplete of a set, dated, scratched or in need of repair cannot be accepted. Our criteria is stringent because items we cannot sell divert resources from our mission.
Read more with these quick links:
- Furniture from smoke-free environments that is clean, not dated in style, with no visible signs of wear or damage
- Housewares that are clean and free of chips or cracks; dish and glass sets thare are complete or nearly complete
- Silverware sets and kitchenware
- Washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, warming ovens less than five years old; you will be required to certify these items are in working order
- LCD televisions (all sizes), VCRs, CD players, radios and DVD players
- Countertop microwaves and other small kitchen appliances with necessary accessories for operation; you will be required to certify these items are in working order
- Window unit air conditioners; box, floor and table fans
- Vacuums less than three years old
- Linens and bedding items that are in like-new condition
- Home decorations and accessories that are readily saleable without chips and clean
- Outdoor furniture and accessories
- Seasonal items (accepted within defined time-frames; email or call for clarification)
* Above is to be used as a guide. Donations are not guaranteed accepted until in-person review or written confirmation. Volunteers cannot guarantee acceptance of donations via phone.
Save time by emailing images of items to ReStoreManager@CoastalHabitat.org or ReStore@CoastalHabitat.org
Merchandise the ReStore is NOT currently accepting:
- Building / construction materials of any type
- Appliances or fixtures that require hard-wire installation (example: used built-in microwave or ceiling fan)
- Window treatments
- Tube televisions; projection televisions
- Mattresses, sleeper sofas, futons (by state law)
- Entertainment centers / armoires / hutches
- Laminate-over-particle board furniture
- Pianos, organs, musical instruments (see 'other charities' for a local charity that needs these)
- Pool tables
- Tables with no chairs / dining chairs with no table
- Carpeting / rugs
- Baby furniture, child safety items
- Toys, games, puzzles
- Sporting equipment, including golf clubs
- Exercise equipment, including treadmills, rowers, stationary bikes
- Outdoor grills
- Office furniture, including desks, cubicles, etc.
- Computers, printers or other office equipment
- Medical supplies / equipment including crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Leftover merchandise from yard and garage sales
Please see contact information of other local, unaffiliated non-profit organizations at the bottom of this page that may be able to accommodate you. There are many, many wonderful charities in the area making a real impact.
The volunteer donation intake bay, located at 917 Third Avenue (middle door), Asbury Park, NJ 07712 is open Wednesday to Friday 10 am to 3 pm and Saturday 10 am to noon. Please allow time for a review of your donation.
All donations are approved based on our experience selling to our customer base. Items we cannot sell divert resources from our mission.
Under no circumstances can items be left outside our facility.
For donors located in the greater Asbury Park area (Allenhurst south to Manasquan and east of the Parkway), the ReStore offers complementary pick-up service for oversized items located on the first floor. Pick-up dates are scheduled at least 10 days in advance, Tuesday to Saturday. To discuss your donation for pick-up:
- Call the donation hotline at 732-988-7044
- Email: ReStoreManager@CoastalHabitat.org or ReStore@CoastalHabitat.org
PLEASE NOTE: Scheduling a pick up does not guarantee acceptance of a donation. Our pick-up drivers inspect and accept or decline merchandise based on guidelines set by the ReStore Committee and the store manager. They don't make the rules, they just enforce them.
Coastal Habitat is a 501c3 organization and provides tax receipts for all donations. Whether you drop-off your donation or the ReStore picks it up, you can request a tax receipt. By law, the ReStore does not assign a financial value to your donation. More information regarding donation values can be found on the IRS website.
- Jersey Shore Rescue Mission, 701 Memorial Drive, Asbury Park. 732-807-3506
- Jewish Family and Children Services, 732-774-6886, www.jfcsmonmouth.org
- Project Paul, www.projpaul.org
- Madonna House (children's items), www.themadonnahouseinc.org
- First Baptist Church, 508 Third Avenue, Asbury Park. 732-775-2662
- Humane Society (all types of linens, etc.), 732-922-0100
- Lake House Music Academy (any musical instruments), 732-768-3050
- Freehold ReStore (for pick-ups not located in cities or towns from Allenhurst south to Manasquan), 732-577-8160
- Alternatively, list your items on DiggersList.com, Freecycle.com or in the "free" section of CraigsList.com
ReSTORE DONATION HOTLINE: 732-988-7044